First, thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers, and supportive words. We have our family and friends rallying around us, but there is something unique about us bully owners.
We had really four choices for Rebel's hemangiosarcoma:
-Surgery and chemo--Best outcome would be 6 more months. The vet wasn't confident he would even make it off the table. He is 10 and I just don't want him to have a major abdominal surgery and then chemo for such poor returns.
-Chemo only--Slow the growth; outcome maybe 2-4 months. This would would be one a day a week in the vet's office. We'd have to leave him for 8 hours and he would need an IV each time. I just didn't want him to waste a day a week away from home and his sister.
-Palladia--Slow the growth; outcome 2-3 months. This is oral medicine given every other day. Most common side effects are vomiting and diarrhea. You can hold/skip doses according to how he is feeling.
-Nothing--He would probably n be comfortable until the end which could be 2 weeks - 2 months.
We decided to go with the Palladia. We are at peace with this decision. Nothing is curative at this point and we are hoping the Palladia will make him more comfortable and give us a few more weeks with our baby.
Once given the options and seeing the effect on his quality of life vs quantity of life the decision was rather easy. He started Palladia today, so let's hope he is one of those whoe tolerates it well!